Friday 20 July 2012

After-Hours at the Office


I just got home from work. 

Actually…about 2 hours ago. 

10pm. 

I had to sit in on a call from the US…12 hour time difference, what to do?

=.=

So obviously there's no one else in the office that late. 

Except my boss. 

Who was sitting in his room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So there was he and there was me. 

Waiting for my other boss to arrive.

It's quite creepy there, at night, alone - lots of long, dark corridors and shiny, reflective windows. 

And silence. 

...

I went to the bathroom. 

Which was already a bit scary. 

I was fighting with myself to not take second glances or look behind me. 

No need to feed the beast!

But I was thinking about all this creepy stuff and how, whilst waiting for the call, I should go and take scary corridor pictures and get some attention on Facebook. 

So I walked back into the main office area and looked to my right, down the corridor, to assess if it looked haunted enough. 

And I froze. 

There's a glass panel at the end - a classroom window.

And I saw a reflection. 

Of a figure. 

A smooth, white, outline of a figure. 

Seriously. 

100% truth.

It was just standing. Looking straight at me.

o.O

O.O

!!

NO WORDS!

I spun left - how not to?? - to see where it came from.

=.=

It was my other boss, standing in her doorway. 

Wearing a white tudung. 

[this is already creepy and it's just my own reflection...]

My heart slowly resumed pumping. 

I have never been so glad to see her…


....and I could hear my other boss laughing at me, from his room...

No comments:

Post a Comment